Hot Stuff® is a high-performance coating technology. In order to gain optimum performance the surface being coated should be completely clean, dry and free from other coatings.
- Remove the empty bottle from the pack and unscrew spray-head.
- Cut the corner of the sachet containing the Hot Stuff® concentrate and place the concentrate into the empty bottle.
- Fill the spray bottle with water, screw on the spray head and shake well (for approx. 20 seconds).
- Wear protective gloves.
- Spray shoes thoroughly. The fabric should be fully moistened. Wipe the surface, with gloved hands, ensuring that the liquid is fully dispersed into the fabric. For optimum protection it is suggested that laces are removed prior to spray coating. Spray the laces separately.
- Allow the shoes to „air-dry“ (preferably overnight) This is the recommended process. Alternatively the shoes can be heat dried immediately after coating. The drying time when heat drying from wet varies greatly depending on size, fabric and drying method.
- When the shoes are completely dry (after air drying) use a hair dryer to warm each shoe THOROUGHLY. As a guideline, heat for at least 5 minutes per shoe. Alternatively, the shoes can also be heated in a tumble dryer. In most instances, a 20 minute cycle at full heat is sufficient.
IMPORTANT: The Hot Stuff® coating is activated by heat. Inadequate application of heat will result in poor performance. The activation of the coating starts at a minimum temperature of 50°C. The target temperature is in the 50°C to 80°C range.
READY! Your shoes are now protected with a high performance, self-healing coating.
- Remember to heat dry shoes after every wash in order to reactivate the self-healing aspect of the coating.
- Some hair dryers are very powerful. Do not place the hair dryer too close to the surface being heated as damage may occur
- Some fabrics such as synthetic mesh fabrics dry very rapidly, other fabrics such as heavy cotton take longer to dry.
- Test on an inconspicuous area prior to full coating in order to confirm suitability / colour fast characteristics.
- Conduct the application over a working area such as a wash basin. Do not apply on or near to water sensitive surfaces.
- Once mixed the coating should be used within 7 days.
- The coating will not bond optimally to dirty fabrics. Remove all soiling from coated surfaces before application.
- Follow the instructions relating to care of the shoes.